In addition to her work as a leadership and communication skills facilitator and freelance writer and editor, Johanna is a skilled museum adminstrator, curator, and educator. She has held curatorial posts at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art at the University of Oregon and the Princeton University Art Museum. She is also currently the Vice President of the Board at Temple Beth Israel in Eugene, OR.
At Jordan Schnitzer museum of art (JSMA):
- Directed curatorial program of Western art, including exhibitions, collections management and development, academic collaboration, and public programs.
- Co-chaired Collections Committee and Long-Range Planning “Bridging Cultures” sub-committee, and served on One Percent for Art Committee for Berwick Hall.
- Represented museum on the national stage as panel organizer and presenter at annual CAA and AAMG conferences and member of AAMC.
- Created and managed national listserv for senior staff members at academic art museums across the country.
AT PRINCETON UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM (Puam):
- Increased by 35% the number of students visiting the Art Museum through faculty engagement and outreach.
- Developed student tour guide program and train-the-trainer program.
AT temple beth israel, eugene, OR (TBI):
- Member of the Board of Directors since January 2018; currently serving a two-year term as Vice President and member of Executive Committee (January 2019–December 2020).
- Chair of search committee for Director of Community Education, a new senior-level position.